With Valentine’s Day 2018 not that far off, some minds are turning to expressions of love.
It may be personal, for that someone special and really important in your life, or it may be just a bit of love for the clients, customers and suppliers that keep coming back and are important to your business.
Either way Valentine’s Day can be a great opportunity to show your appreciation and connection in a real and meaningful way.
The word ‘love’ is used and abused for different sets of feelings;
- as an expression of affection towards someone else (I love you)
- it also expresses pleasure (I love chocolate).
- it also expresses a human virtue that is based on compassion, affection and kindness.
- or a state of being, that has nothing to do with something or someone outside yourself
This could be argued is the purest form of Love.
The ancient Greek used 7 words to define the different states of love:
- Storge: natural affection, the love you share with your family.
- Philia: the love that you have for friends.
- Eros: sexual and erotic desire kind of love (positive or negative)
- Agape: this is the unconditional love, or divine love
- Ludus: this is playful love, like childish love or flirting.
- Pragma: long standing love. The love in a married couple.
- Philautia: the love of the self (negative or positive)
Whichever way you may choose to look at and use the word love it’s a good time to think about and reach out to those you want to show some love to.
It can be tricky to know just how to phrase your love, to be able to get that combination of words together in just the right way that really tells them how you feel.
Well there’s an old truism that could really help here;
‘A picture is worth a thousand words’
Sometimes selecting a really good image will be able to provide all the impact and message that you feel you need.
So this Valentine’s Day, 14 February 2018 browse through my library of images and find an image that will let you say the words that you’re looking for.
PhD Photography – more than just image